Sunday, October 4, 2009

Great Room Project, Thursday 10/1

Day Five: The rest of the painting.


I needed a step ladder to reach the fourteen foot high peak of this room. As long as I can reach the high corner with a paintbrush and a sander, I should be okay. I figured a ten foot ladder would do it, seeing that I a six feet tall, plus the reach of my arms. There was an HVAC contractor down the street selling a bunch of ladders on Craigslist. Turns out they were three-legged ladders instead of the traditional four-legged ladders. Apparently this is standard in Colorado, where they moved from. The price was right, and I couldn’t come up with a reason why three legs is inferior to four, so I went for it.

Guess I should take a picture of it: Notice the "Kingsford Flivver" shirt.


It works fine, if a bit unusual. Very stable – everyone knows that a tripod is more stable than, say, a four-legged table, especially on an uneven surface.

Today’s job was the large wall. Cutting in the ceiling and masking the wood details around the wet bar were the only slow work. Rolling that big section of plain wall was fast and rewarding!

Not a lot of photography today...








No comments: