Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Great Room Project, Wednesday 9/30

Day Four: Painting!




Okay. It's about time to make a real, observable, visual difference in this room! Paint always helps with that. Might as well start with the small, low walls, and move on up to the big, high ones as I progress around the room.
.
Not a lot to report on technique or tools here - painting is painting.
.
Mask or use an edge shield around the windows and fireplace. Cut in the ceiling/wall interface carefully by hand.
.
I only used a gallon of paint on the first three walls. I was suspicious when they said a gallon covered 400 sq.ft., but it looks like they are right. I have somewhere around 700-750 sq.ft. to paint in this room.

.
.
.
.
Hot Shot Quiz Question for you digital photography people: what causes those light-colored, round artifacts in the picture on the left? The ones that look like floating bubbles. I've see these on a couple images I've taken this past week.

No comments: