Friday, October 30, 2009

Great Room Project Update, Wednesday 10/28


The stain color was within tolerance, so I coated it with a coat of polyurethane.

Spent quite a while filling in nail holes. The last three rows of hardwood had to be nailed in through the top, and since the skinny little finishing nails don't hold things down as well as the big beefy staples, I got pretty happy with the finish nailer. But now I gotta fill all those holes! I used that stained putty stuff. It’s really a pretty cool product. You just smush it into the hole with your finger, then smooth it out with a rag. Done! Now, repeat 5000 times. I used a lighter color for the floors, a darker color for the baseboards.
Yesterday I reported that the baseboards looked like they had been attacked by squirrels. Not anymore!

Left of the cutter: filled. Right of the cutter: not filled.

No comments: